Respect, Integrity, Strength, Equality
RISE Together North Carolina is a grassroots, nonpartisan organization advancing civic engagement, education, and community.
RISE Together North Carolina empowers citizens and promotes democratic principles to advocate for a more just and equitable society. To achieve its mission, RISE advances work in the following areas:
- Civic Engagement and Education
- Expanding participation in all areas of state political life — helping citizens understand the political process, engage with elected representatives, and understand their role in political life.
- Building community — encouraging citizens of North Carolina to serve as catalysts in local communities by: sharing information, organizing events, and connecting to other local organizations.
- Promoting Democratic Principles
- Ensuring free and fair elections — removing barriers to voting and ensuring transparency.
- Ensuring Freedom of Speech and Press — advocating for media sources that provide accurate information to the citizens of North Carolina.
- Pursuit of social justice for all
- Remove barriers that people face because of race, ethnicity, gender identity,religion, age or disability.
- Oppose national/statewide policies seeking to harm people, the planet, and our democracy.
- Use RISE NC membership network across social media platforms to respond immediately to important advocacy needs.
- Create and coordinate Working Groups and Rapid Response Teams that will produce digital, print, and in-person civic engagement methods and materials.
- Build RISE NC email/telephone/text contact network to quickly respond to harmful policies.
- Support progressive efforts in the NC General Assembly
- Promote our positions in legislation and candidates :
- Identify the most important statewide races needed to balance the NC legislature identify, mentor, and support candidates, via a process not tied to political party but wholly to policies and actions.
- Locate, mentor, and support women and minority candidates. Foster these candidates in important local offices. Ensure that no candidate for NCGA runs unopposed.
- Use volunteers to register, educate, and get out the vote.
- Support non-partisan redistricting to end gerrymandering
- Develop and disseminate educational/training materials with the goal of educating the general public
- Engage in targeted social media campaigns with the aim of encouraging dialogue and influencing legislators.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts to support groups taking legal action to redistrict fairly.
- Providing educational training for RISE members across the State
- Provide teach-in sessions on understanding the legislative process at the local, state, and national level.
- Distribute materials on understanding key issues at state and national level.
- Engage RISE members in informative sessions on media literacy (beginning and advanced).
Contact us today and join the effort to build a government that represents us all.
RISE Together NC has 14 regional chapters all over the state, for more information on a local chapter near you click on the map. To start a chapter in your area please contact us for more information.
RISE Together NC
PO Box 52474
Durham, NC 27717-2474